Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post, which has arisen in our Agronomy Department at Cairns Foods Limited (Harare).
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Agronomy, the successful applicant will among other key duties be responsible for:
• Identifying new potential growers in accordance with the laid down procedures.
• Selecting and screening existing growers based on past performance.
• Entering into contractual agreements with the selected growers based on the approved cropping programme.
• Linking out-growers with inputs.
• Coordinating deliveries or collections from contracted farmers.
• Conducting soil sampling and analysis as well as making fertilizer recommendations.
• Organizing and training participating farmers or farmers groups in accordance with the laid down procedures.
• Identifying potential non-contract produce suppliers based on factory requirements.
• Agreeing quality, volume and prices, in liaison with the procurement function.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
• Degree in Crop Science/Agriculture or equivalent.
• 5 Ordinary Level passes including English and Mathematics.
• 3 years relevant work experience in an FMCG environment.
• Clean Class 4 driver’s licence.
• In-depth agricultural knowledge and trends.
• Good communications skills.
How To Apply
Applications in writing together with detailed C.Vs. should be submitted by/no later than Thursday, the 14th of July 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
The Human Resources Officer
Cairns Foods Limited
P.O Box 1813