We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic individual to fill the above position.
Reporting to the Business Development and Innovations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for research on agriculture innovations and identifying new business opportunities or revenue generating opportunities including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services. He/she is also responsible for defining and fostering a culture of innovation across the company that fosters and attracts successful innovators and entrepreneurs and is the ultimate growth hacker through innovation.
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbent’s key responsibilities shall include but not limited to: –
(a) Business Development
• Vertical integration of the organisation’s operations to control processes, reduce costs, improve on efficiencies, and generate revenue for the organisation.
• Identification, appraisal, design, evaluation and harnessing of new business opportunities/ revenue generating initiatives to accelerate growth of revenue streams/lines via market research and initiate contact.
• Establishment of business synergies with all aligned departments.
• Coordination of Investment Opportunities to grow Commercial Services business.
• Business Proposal writing.
• Identification, development and execution of a high-impact innovation strategy and roadmap aligned to strategic business goals and growth priorities.
• Prepare Business Specification Requirements documents.
• Management of a balanced portfolio of growth projects that span sustaining and disruptive initiatives focused on product, service, process, and business model innovations.
• Working closely with the business teams and product development to create viable business models and commercialization strategies for mature innovations.
• Developing and maintaining strong ties with teams, educate and train teams on new solutions and innovations.
• Acting as the Innovation champion for the entire organization.
• Tracking and reporting on innovation metrics and business impact on a regular basis.
• Identification of external assets and companies that may accelerate innovation and market access through partnerships and acquisitions.
• Preparation and submission of Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports; and
• Completing assignments as requested for by Business Development and Innovations Manager, Director -Commercial Services and other stakeholders
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in E-Commerce or Economics.
• At least 3 years relevant working experience in business development, preferably in an Agricultural business setup.
• Superior analytical and thinking skills, intellectual rigor and curiosity and problem-solving capability.
• Excellent people skills and ability to present recommendations to senior management.
• Project management skills/ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Proven track record to work with multiple departments.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Application Letters clearly indicating the position applied for together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of Certificates by not later than 01 February 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org