The IRC is implementing a project funded by the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The project is called, Water, Sanitation, Health (Wash), and Gender Based Violence (GBV) support to communities recovering from multiple crises in Beitbridge, Chimanimani and Chipinge districts of Zimbabwe.
The IRC is seeking an M&E Officer for a project funded by the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA).
The project is called, Water, Sanitation, Health (Wash), and Gender Based Violence (GBV) support to communities recovering from multiple crises in Beitbridge, Chimanimani and Chipinge districts of Zimbabwe. The M&E officer will therefore be required to be responsible for all M&E activities concerning this grant. The M&E Officer will report directly to the M&E Manager and will be based in Chipinge and covering Chimanimani.
Duties And Responsibilities
Key Job functions/Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Designing and management of the project databases for BHA grant including M&E systems tools and templates to supervise performance. This includes development of log frames, PMP, and data collection tools, as well as processes for data analysis.
• Collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to measure the agreed indicators.
• Leading data quality assessments to ensure that data is collected and accurately entered databases monthly.
• Collection of qualitative information using standard methodology processes to measure indicators.
• Analyze and communicate data to the project team, and other relevant staff for reporting and
serve any other data needs as may be required.
• Ensure transparency in accounting, reporting, and documenting project activities, and ensure
compliance with donor and IRC M&E policies and standard methodology.
• Collect Client Responsiveness data. Coordination and Representation
• Participate in the development of M&E indicators, standards and, guidelines and with other implementation partners.
Training and Capacity Building
• Participate in relevant project and partner staff trainings in M&E, especially in the areas of basic concepts of M&E, qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection, analysis and use of M&E data.
• Support and build the capacity of field based and office-based program staff and partner organizations to design and utilize M&E tools, surveys, evaluations and other M&E activities.
• Regularly visit all field sites to ensure that M&E is being implemented optimally by staff and produce related monitoring reports.
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, or any other related qualification
• At least 2 years’ experience working conducting Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Good MS Excel, SPSS, skills is a must.
• Ability to use Mobile data collection survey platforms.
• Sensitive and responsive to gender, ethnicity, disability, and other social issues.
• Participatory and team approach to work and behavior.
• Proactive in liaising and problem solving.
• Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation, and facilitation skills
• Excellent digital literacy including navigating email, internet and MS WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Good personal relationship skills
Direct Reporting: M&E Manager
Other internal contacts: HR staff, Finance staff and Operations staff.
How To Apply
Application deadline is 12 January 2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by submitting CV and cover letter stating the position in the email subject line to
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.