Solusi University has a vacancy for the position of Pro Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The Pro-Vice Chancellor (PVC) is the Chief Academic Officer of the University, providing primary administrative leadership, direction, and evaluation for all academic activities and faculty affairs of the University. The PVC conducts the duties of the Vice-Chancellor of the University when the Vice-Chancellor is not available.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Provides strong, dynamic academic and administrative leadership, fosters a collegial environment which encourages scholarship, teaching, and learning excellence.
• Possesses the vision to guide the university’s academic programs into the future.
• Demonstrated commitment to the SDA Philosophy of Christian Education
• Advocates and promotes quality instruction, student success, integrated planning, and the expansion of Student Learning Outcomes to meet the educational needs of students in a diverse community university environment;
• Plans, in coordination with other administrators and faculty, the schedule of classes;
• Provides leadership and oversight for academic excellence and efficiencies;
• Provides oversight of assessment of Student Learning Outcomes;
• Supervises academic Deans.
Qualifications And Experience
The Pro-Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs) must have;
• Earned doctorate PhD (from an accredited institution) with full professorial ranking credentials;
• Five years of senior administrative level leadership and experience in higher education;
• Sensitive communication with people who are diverse in their cultures, languages and abilities;
• An active SDA membership in good standing.
How To Apply
Interested candidates shall email the following application dossier in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28 February, 2022:
a. Letter of application;
b. Applicant’s strategic plan for the PVC’s office
c. Detailed Curriculum Vitae and entire academic record (Certificates & Transcripts);
d. Three (3) testimonials bearing mobile and e-mail contacts from the following;
i. Supervisor within the last five (5) years,
ii. Your local church,
iii. Any other reputable person of your choice.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
NB: Previous applicants need not apply.