Analysis of credit applications in line with Bank Policy. Management of the credit approval process, record keeping and portfolio monitoring.
Duties And Responsibilities
Main Focus Areas
• Analysis of credit applications to ensure that customers’ fit the Bank’s target market criteria, appetite, and risk acceptance criteria according to the Bank’s policies.
• Provide guidance on appropriate loan structures.
• Assessment of Credit worthiness of prospective borrowers.
• Accompanying Relationship Managers to client visits where necessary.
• Managing the Credit approval process – scheduling Credit committee
meetings timeously to ensure shortest possible turnaround time.
• Preparation of minutes, documenting and communicating Committee
decisions to the relevant stakeholders.
• Collecting and reviewing Credit Committee resolutions in line with
Committee approvals and ensuring that all credit committee decisionsare properly documented, and resolution files maintained.
• Monitoring of performing and watch list clients.
• Financial Statement Analysis of the portfolio on a quarterly basis and
communication of findings to Committee,
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Banking, Accounting, Economics, or any other relevant business qualification.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a credit analyst in a financial institution, with substantial exposure to credit risk management, particularly for Corporate clients
• Excellent knowledge of processes and procedures, specifically within a banking or credit environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Skills and Competencies:
• Positive attitude.
• Assertive and able to make informed decisions under
• Analytic, with good attention to detail.
• Risk aware
• Task oriented – able to get things done.
• Good time management skills
• Confident and resilient.
• Excellent communicator.
• Shows Initiative.
• Mature and credible
Job Related Knowledge
• The Credit Analyst must possess ability to analyse and interpret financial statements, be highly analytical and attentive to detail.
• Ability to assess financial, industry, business and management risks when mitigating risk through loan structuring,
• Knowledge of various lending products and loan structures,
• Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office packages.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to email@example.com attaching all your certified academic certificates and National ID with the Heading: “Credit Analyst”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 24 January 2022 09:00hrs.